Stormwater Quality Management
Urban runoff from stormwater is a major source of surface water pollution. This includes stormwater that flows from industrial properties, construction sites, and streets into storm drains that discharge into nearby surface water bodies. Northgate’s certified stormwater management staff can expertly mitigate the negative effects of urban runoff, working seamlessly with municipalities and private sector clients.
Our Stormwater Quality Management services often include:
- Project-specific permitting, rain event action plans (REAPs), stormwater management plans (SWMPs), and stormwater pollution prevention plans (SWPPPs)
- Notices of Intent (NOIs), Risk Level Determinations, and Notices of Termination (NOTs)
- Construction Site Monitoring Programs (CSMPs) and Site Monitoring Plans for storm water or TMDL monitoring
- Electronic filing via the Storm Water Multiple Application and Report Tracking System (SMARTS)
- Construction, post-construction, and Low Impact Development (LID) BMPs
- MS4 program development and compliance
- Industrial NPDES permitting and compliance
- Erosion and sediment control
- Hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality modeling
- Stream stabilization and restoration
Axel Rieke, PE, LEED AP BD+C, QSD/P
Principal Civil Engineer
Contact Axel today to learn more about Stormwater Quality Management.