Resourceful. Thoughtful. Resilient.
Northgate Environmental Management is a small, woman-owned business that has delivered innovative solutions to environmental and engineering challenges since 1999. Our founders had a vision to bring an uncommon level of personalized service and technical acumen to complex projects, and sought to create a working environment that fosters innovation and interdisciplinary technical solutions. With a flat organizational structure and family-like environment, company principals take active roles in serving clients and mentoring staff. Our team has the unique skills and experience to complete a project not only successfully, but on budget. Our senior staff have solid reputations with both clients and regulators for providing sound conclusions and recommendations, based on scientific and engineering expertise, state-of-the-art remediation practices, and in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements.
Northgate provides innovative professional solutions to environmental problems. We have built our reputation for technical excellence by being committed to quality and efficiency, and through our tailored responses to our clients’ needs. Our cooperative relationships with regulatory decision makers overcome regulatory hurdles, and facilitate resolution of the most challenging environmental issues. Northgate’s services fulfill the needs of a variety of clients, including federal, regional, and state governments, developers and property managers, insurers, and attorneys, and the commercial, industrial, and manufacturing sectors.
- California Department of General Services: Certified Small Business (SB)
- State of Maryland:
- MDOT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- Small Business Reserve (SBR)
- CalTrans-BART California United Certification Program (CUCP): Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC): Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE)
Northgate also holds local and/or small business certifications with the following agencies, ports, counties, and municipalities:
- The City of Oakland
- The Port of Oakland
- Alameda County
- Alameda County Transportation Commission
- Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
- The City of Long Beach
- The Orange County Transit Authority
- LA Metro
- Metropolitan Water District
- The Network, a San Diego County-wide program
Careers and Opportunities
Northgate stands behind the ideals of a People-Planet-Profit based mission. We believe that putting people first means taking a real interest in our team, instilling a culture of continuous learning, and enabling people with the tools they need to succeed. We are always interested in new talent and look forward to hearing from you. We are currently looking to fill the following positions: