Over the past decade, Northgate has prioritized conserving resources and preventing pollution in our office facilities, operations, and projects. Going beyond program compliance in the areas of waste, energy, water, pollution prevention, and air quality, we seek out creative and holistic solutions to reducing our environmental footprint in the communities where we work and live.
Our green business practices under the program include:
- Reducing water use
- Conserving energy
- Promoting and incentivizing alternative transportation for employees
- Eliminating and properly disposing of harmful chemicals
- Using safe, environmentally preferable cleaning chemicals
- Avoiding waste by eliminating unnecessary packaging, printing, and purchasing
- Diverting landfill waste through reuse, recycling, and composting
- Hiring local vendors and those with internal sustainability programs
- Supporting local non-profits that facilitate environmental stewardship
Northgate is proud to celebrate our commitment alongside the other long-standing certified companies dedicated to environmental health and sustainability. Read more about the California Green Business Network and how your company can join the movement.