Northgate's mission is to solve problems in ways that actively improve the health and prosperity of our communities and fosters stewardship of the earth in our staff and our clients. We do this by:
- Promoting sustainability through prevention of pollution, elimination of waste, efficient use of natural and financial resources, and environmental knowledge and awareness
- Seeking ways to go beyond current environmental regulations to benefit our clients, the environment, our community, and our staff
- Continually challenging our staff to develop new and more efficient practices to improve the environment
- Fostering partnerships that enhance our local economy using environmental improvements that create cleaner, safer neighborhoods
- Working locally to improve the social, economic, and environmental wellbeing of our communities
promoting sustainable action
Northgate staff are committed members of the Sustainable Remediation Forum (SURF), a nationwide organization that promotes the incorporation of sustainable practices throughout the remedial action process with the objective of balancing economic viability, conservation of natural resources and biodiversity, and the enhancement of the quality of life in surrounding communities. Staff are active in numerous volunteer efforts, including neighborhood improvement groups, mentoring, and local job training programs.
Northgate is proud to be recognized an Association of Bay Area Governments-certified Green Business, a designation that recognizes small businesses that protect, preserve, and sustain our environment.